It’s been a while since I’ve updated. Here are some of the things I’ve been working on:
1) I visited the folks over at LA 18 and chatted with host Bell Tsou about the 626 food scene, some of my “Best Of” lists and my top picks for boba. Will post the episodes once they are up on YouTube.
2) Kristie and I made small cameo in the recent Fung Brothers video Garvey, Valley, Main, Huntington. “I don’t want a girl from the Valley, I just want a girl who knows her way around Valley.” Thanks guys!
3) I helped with an Easter round-up for Time Out LA.
5) The Parish in DTLA has been getting a lot of great press recently. I did a round-up on some of their best dishes. Bone marrow toast anyone? (Serious Eats)
6) Where to get sea cucumber dumplings in Los Angeles. Over in Monterey Park, Farm Cuisine has been getting quite a bit of hype for their Asian fusion farm-to-table/organic approach. I stopped by and rounded up their top five dishes and had a chat with the chef and owner. (Serious Eats)
8) Sticky Rice soft-opened in the Grand Central Market in late March. It’s authentic Thai street food. I stopped by and ordered their entire menu: khao mun gai and BBQ chicken. (LA Weekly)
9) For CityEats, I raided the following fridges:
Refrigerator Raid: Michael Madrigale of Bar Boulud
Refrigerator Raid: Manuel Trevino of Marble Lane
Refrigerator Raid: Tim Cooper of GoldBar
Refrigerator Raid: Gabe Thompson of L’Apicio